Wouldn’t it be nice if you could make healthy desserts that taste great and satisfy you as well? For years, we’ve been trying to find deliciously wholesome desserts that are healthy. But it’s not as easy as it sounds! Desserts are meant to be treats.
Check out our list of top ten healthy desserts that are lighter than the norm and still taste delicious! When entertaining your guests or as an occasional treat, you can serve these healthy desserts.
So, what makes a healthy treat? There are wholesome ingredients like yogurt, oats, nut butters, and even vegetables in this sweet recipe. These recipes are all gluten free, and a lot of them are vegan. When sugar is used, it’s less than the standard amount, but enough so it still tastes good.
This list of wholesome and healthy desserts is delicious and easy to make. Surprise your family and friends with healthy desserts that taste indulgent.
- 1 1) Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 2 Vegan no-bake oatmeal bars
- 3 2) Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
- 4 Vegan healthy cookies
- 5 3) Chocolate Bark With Cherries
- 6 4) Dairy-Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 7 How to make Dairy-Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse (video):
- 8 5) Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream In Cantaloupe
- 9 Ingredients
- 10 How to make Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream In Cantaloupe (video):
- 11 6) Easy Peach Crisp
- 12 How to make Easy Peach Crisp (video):
- 13 7) Cinnamon Crisps with Blackberries and Yogurt
- 14 How to Make Cinnamon Crisps with Blackberries and Yogurt (video):
- 15 8) Fresh Berry and Fruit Yogurt
- 16 Ingredients
- 17 How to Make Fresh Berry and Fruit Yogurt (video):
- 18 9) Fruit Pops with Chocolate Dip
- 19 Ingredients
- 20 How to make Fruit Pops with Chocolate Dip (video):
- 21 10) Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies
- 22 Ingredients
- 23 How to make Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies (video):
- 24 Final Words
1) Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
The peanut butter oatmeal bars are the best! There’s no baking involved, it’s easy to make and it’s healthy too! And the taste…it’s really good!
Peanut-y sweetness, chewy texture, and a little drizzle of chocolate on top make these the perfect treat! No bake oatmeal bars are similar to bliss bite cookies (if that’s even possible), but easier and healthier. And It’s never enough! In this sweet treat, whole grain oats are combined with a sweetness, saltiness, and satisfying component.
This recipe calls for just five ingredients, two of which are already listed in the title. That is a super-easy recipe!
No bake oatmeal bars are great for treats, but since they’re primarily made of whole grains, they’re also great for snacking. Our favorite breakfast bar is plain Oatmeal Bar, but these bars could also be eaten for breakfast. You’ll need the following ingredients:
- Old Fashioned rolled oats: Not steel cut or instant oats here – just plain, old oats.
- Peanut butter: We prefer natural peanut butter without added sugar or salt. However, you can select your favorite brand.
- Honey: Honey’s warm flavor and sticky texture make it the best. Check out our vegan options below!
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon gives foods a subtle flavor.
- Dark chocolate: It doesn’t take much — just a little dark chocolate will do!
How to make peanut butter oatmeal bars (Video):
Check out the video about how to make peanut oatmeal bars below.
Vegan no-bake oatmeal bars
Would you prefer vegan peanut butter oatmeal bars instead? Honey plays an important role in creating this recipe’s nuanced, warming flavor and sticky texture. Maple syrup is commonly used as a vegan sweetener, but it has a different texture and sweetness here. It’s slightly stickier than maple syrup, so we recommend using agave syrup. If maple syrup is all you have, feel free to use it!
2) Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
You will love the taste of these healthy cookies, which are packed with healthy ingredients (like oatmeal).
Think of a cookie that’s healthy, but still tastes good. These Healthy Oatmeal Cookies do just that! There is no butter, no refined sugar, and no flour in the dough. Yet, they taste delicious to both kids and adults. What’s the secret? A touch of sweetness comes from the Medjool dates, while richness comes from the nut butter, and flavor comes from toasted coconut and mini chocolate chips. It is a treat that friends and family enjoyed despite the fact that the ingredients are wholesome.
It’s important to understand that there are many recipes called “healthy cookies,” but the term is subjective. Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this magic happen:
- Old Fashioned oats: don’t use steel cut oats!
- Shredded coconut
- Medjool dates
- Cashew butter: or another nut butter; sunflower butter if allergic to nuts
- Mini chocolate chips
- Plain yogurt
- Baking soda and salt
How to make Healthy Oatmeal Cookies (Video):
Check out the video about how to make healthy oatmeal cookies.
Would you like to make these healthy cookies vegan? All you need to do is:
- Replace the egg with 1 flax egg. You can easily make a flax egg using ground flax seed and water.
- Instead of yogurt, use vegan yogurt. The yogurt gives these cookies their texture, so it is essential.
3) Chocolate Bark With Cherries
With its simplicity, this dark chocolate bark is a wonderful holiday treat. Those are perfect as easy Christmas desserts or as homemade holiday gifts since they are delicious and easy to make. In addition to being gluten-free and vegan, this treat is a versatile treat for all dietary needs. How do you make chocolate bark? Simply melt the chocolate, and then pour it into a thin rectangle. You can top it with toppings, once the toppings have hardened, break it up into irregular shapes!
Our favorite toppings for chocolate bark are those that are healthy. The combination of Montmorency tart cherries, salty pumpkin seeds, and crunchy roasted quinoa is superb. We love it when something is both tasty and nutritious.
- Dried tart cherries
- Dark chocolate chips, vegan if desired
- Roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
How to make Chocolate Bark with Cherries (Video):
Check out the video about how to make chocolate bark with cherries.
4) Dairy-Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse
You can make this rich and luscious dairy-free chocolate mousse recipe at home, which is healthy and delicious.
- NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Cocoa
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Coconut cream
- Dark chocolate (70%), melted
- Extra grated vegan dark chocolate, to serve
How to make Dairy-Free Avocado Chocolate Mousse (video):
Check out the video about how to make dairy-free avocado chocolate mousse. https://www.youtube.com/embed/NIbD7rpi4JA?showinfo=0
5) Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream In Cantaloupe
Served in a cantaloupe bowl, this vegan blueberry ice cream made with almond milk is a delicious and healthy snack or dessert.
The recipe is often referred to as “nice cream” – if you’re not familiar with it, it’s like ice cream that’s dairy-free and vegan. This recipe uses frozen bananas as the base.
It takes only a few ingredients to make this tasty treat! All you need is:
- Ripe bananas
- Unsweetened almond milk
How to make Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream In Cantaloupe (video):
Check out the video about how to make vegan blueberry ice cream in cantaloupe.
6) Easy Peach Crisp
It is delicious and requires few ingredients, making it one of my favorite healthy desserts. Alternately, you can use an apple, pear, or even berries instead of the berries.
- Low-fat granola without raisins
- Unsalted butter
- Large peaches, pitted and sliced
- Brown sugar or applesauce
- Ground cinnamon
- Vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
How to make Easy Peach Crisp (video):
Check out the video about how to make easy peach crisp.
7) Cinnamon Crisps with Blackberries and Yogurt
The combination of fresh fruit, spicy cinnamon, and Greek yogurt leads to a healthy, refreshing snack! It wouldn’t be a parfait without blackberries, but you can substitute whatever fruit you like.
- Wonton wrappers, cut diagonally in half
- Cooking spray
- Ground cinnamon
- Plain fat-free Greek yogurt
How to Make Cinnamon Crisps with Blackberries and Yogurt (video):
Check out the video about how to make chinnamon crisps with blackberries and yogurt.
8) Fresh Berry and Fruit Yogurt
Probably the easiest thing ever to make, this fresh fruit dessert is perfect for a throw-together dessert on a hot summer night. Just add seasonal fruits and yogurt to a bowl and you’re done!
- Plain yoghurt
- Seasonal fruit such as:
- Strawberries (halved)
- Small peaches (sliced)
- Apricots (halved)
How to Make Fresh Berry and Fruit Yogurt (video):
Check the video about how to make fresh berry and fruit yogurt.
Want to make the perfect fruit smoothie instead? Check out this amazing post: Perfect fruit smoothie
9) Fruit Pops with Chocolate Dip
Despite their name, these chocolate fruit pops contain fruit. Making them with kids is easy and they will actually eat them!
- Strawberries (hulled)
- Kiwifruit (peeled,sliced)
- Rockmelon (cubed,seeds removed)
- Bananas (peeled,cut into chunks)
- White chocolate melts
- Dark chocolate melts
- Lollipop sticks
How to make Fruit Pops with Chocolate Dip (video):
Check the video about how to make fruit pops with chocolate dip.
10) Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies
You will love these delicious sweet potato brownies! Their chewy texture and flavor make them a great snack. The vegan sweet potato brownies are also gluten-free by substituting sweet potatoes for regular ones.
Our favorite thing to make from the kitchen is these fudgy, chewy, chocolatey cookies. There’s no need to hide vegetables when you can make them the center of attention. A sweet potato interior makes these brownies even more appealing. These brownies have the best chewy texture and are full of nutrients. They are irresistible, with a rich nuance of flavor that makes them taste much better than a typical brownie.
Ingredients in this recipe include:
- Mashed sweet potato: provides richness and texture, and can be substituted for some butter and flour
- Almond butter: provides fat as well as protein
- Sugar: You can use either granulated sugar or coconut sugar here, or your favorite solid sugar
- Flour: in this recipe, there is much less flour than in a standard recipe, and you can substitute for gluten free
- Cocoa powder: adds rich chocolate flavor
- Olive oil: You’ll only need a small amount of this healthy oil
- Dark chocolate chips: perfect for the finishing touch!
How to make Fudgy Sweet Potato Brownies (video):
Check the video about fudgy sweet potato brownies.
It helps to have a few healthy dessert ideas at hand if you just finished a healthy dinner recipe and want something sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth. It may be hard to resist having a slice of cake at your desk after work, here comes the ultimate healthy treat that’s worth eating. Because of that, we have shared our favorite low-calorie sweet recipes that are lighter than traditional recipes packed with sugar.
Enjoy these healthy and delicious desserts! Be sure to eat these healthy desserts along with other mini healthy meals during the day. If you make fitness and healthy eating a part of your lifestyle, you’ll love it!